Welcome to Delicate template
Header
Just another WordPress site
Header

Galaxy S AMOLED Burn-in

January 10th, 2011 | Posted by admin in Random

Well i was over on the xda-devs site today, and there was a thread about amoled screens and burn-in.

So using some codes to get into “test” mode, i set the screen to all blue, red and green.

It was only while having the screen blue, did i see any real burn-in.

Its pretty bad really, considering this phone is 5-6 months old :/

The pixels that are damaged are the ones across the taskbar at the top and also (and this is a funny one) The name of my Ex can be faintly seen. This no doubt will be form the SMS app.

Here is a picture, you can just about make out the screen burn in it in the top right

SGS Acreen Burn

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can leave a response, or trackback.

7 Responses

• Tim says:

I’ve owned a galaxy s for 5 months and have even worse burn in than your screen. Samsung will pay dearly when more people realize how prominent the burn in is.

• admin says:

I really didnt realise i could get that bad so quickly!
    I guess amoled isnt ready for the big time yet.

• Not noticed anything so far on mine (3 months in use). Hoping that burn-in problem won’t appear on my Galaxy S.

• Shiftlock says:

I have flashed about 3 different roms on mine since i have it so the notification bar at the top has changed and i believe this may help with the burn in. Also a tv tech friend of mine says that with some screens you can “wash” them out with a solid white screen left on for an hour or two.

• admin says:

Heya Shiftlock!

Yeah i had several different roms on it, but they all used the default message apps which caused my ex’s name to burn into the screen lol
    Iv got a Desire HD now, absoloutly love it!

• Stephen says:

i have a dell venue pro device… amoled… burn in is so bad after 8 months, the phone is unusable for anything other than use as a phone.

the skype interface for instance is completely unreadable because it relies on blue so much. email is impossible to read unless you are in a dark room.

dell will not cover under warranty… i’m done with amoled!

• admin says:

Well i always said i would stay clear of AMOLED screens….untill my missus got me a galaxy nexus! Iv had this around 6 months now and iv not seen any screen burn, so far. So things are looking up these days!