IPMItool for ESXi5.5u2
Heres a quick run down on building a static ipmitool that you can scp over to your esxi hosts.
I did this on an ubuntu server 12.04.3 virtual machine.
- Grab the ipmitool source.
- Install the required tools on your ubuntu machine ( apt-get install build-essential)
- Add a couple of 32 bit libraries (gcc-multilib libc6-i386 libc6-dev-i386)
After you have the above ready, its time to build.
- tar jxvf ipmitool-1.8.15.tar.bz2
- cd ipmitool-1.8.15/
- ./configure CFLAGS=-m32 LDFLAGS=-static
Thats it, your new binaries will be in src/
Or you can grab it from: HERE
That is just the binary, so just dump it where ever and run it with ./ipmitool