There has been a lot of changes in my life including a new awesome job aswell as some family stuff, hence so few updates.
But now as i have a few minutes i figured id run down what i have been doing in my homelab and hopefully this will prompt me to update this blog with more articles.
Ill Link to each article on this list as i get around to writing them!
Lets start with hardware upgrades!
- A new firewall (well actually 2!)
- A new Unifi 8 port POE Switch (i do have a somewhat interesting snippet about configuring this!)
- 5 new Unifi UAP Pro’s (Yes, 5!)
- Surface Pro (2017)
- A Dell R710
- Couple of Raspberry Pi’s
- Anycubic I3 Mega 3d printer (not so homelab related, but still quite cool!)
- OBD2 Bluetooth adapter for my car (Which i have since damaged the OBD2 port on my car – Ill add about the project anyway though)
- I guess this goes into hardware – Setup a bunch of LAG’s to improve bandwidth around the house.
Id say that is about if for the hardware. Things like the OBD2 bluetooth adapter dont really belong in there, but i was doing (what i thought was) a cool project with them, so added them in. Also somethings arent so much related to my homelab, like the surface, but it was kinda a hardware upgrade.
Now onto the software side of things.
Im likely to have forgotten a lot ofwhat ive done, so this list may grow.
- Internal url shortner for cough…streaming linux iso’s….
viewsworking in NAMED. This is for a kid friendly network.
- Steam + others cache – This will be somewhat interesting as ill go through adding it into existing infrastructure instead of realying on the included DNS server.
- LibreNMS – Got a sweet looking weather map of my core network
- Pfsense upgrades and addd-ons
- On-site splunk cluster
- Volumio sound system
- Some Tautulli work for getting data into splunk
- Some splunk dashboardng
Thats all i can think of at the moment, though im sure there will be more.
Check back later, fingers crossed ive written something!